Monday, February 10, 2014

shhhh... valentine's day map of the world

VDB is not someone who likes to get surprise presents. He much prefers to tell me (and sometimes send me a link to) exactly what he'd like as a gift each special occasion...

But this Valentine's Day I REFUSED to ask. Instead, I decided I wanted to get something we could both enjoy in our new home. First I was thinking a wine opener. Might sound lame but neither of us have a proper one despite being in our 30's and wine drinkers. But then I was perusing my favorite home blog (Domaine Home) and got bowled over by this inspiring post.

You see VDB has mentioned several times that he'd love to have a map to mark all the places we have traveled to. I always liked the idea but most maps I see aren't super classy, until this one! Meet my newly ordered Design Ahoy's Black Typography Map:


Isn't it beautiful? I love the white on black... the typography words used to form the shape of the continents, and the overall moody effect. If I hadn't been convinced at first sight I was when I read all the stellar reviews on Etsy.


I ordered it right away last night but with only 4 business days until Valentine's I didn't like my chances of receiving it in time. Just as a shot in the dark I added a comment to the seller explaining it would be a V-Day gift in case it could be shipped any speedier. To my delight Nancy, from Design Ahoy, emailed me this morning and offered to ship it express today if I paid the extra cost. I agreed and she actually had it picked up by UPS before I even confirmed the PayPal request.

I can't wait to get it and will let you know later if VDB likes it and how it looks in person and framed!

Guess the Mackage bag will have to wait a bit longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment