There are so many things I’ll miss about my old neighborhood in Montreal. It has changed so much in the 6 years I lived there… going from a bit artsy and rough around the edges, but with a Starbucks (one the reasons I bought my place)… to pretty much straight up yuppy today. But I loved every moment of watching old and new float by.
If I have to narrow down a list of the things I’ll miss the most, in order to fit into a post, here they are:
2. Street festivals with banjo players and discount shoes.
3. My parc (La Fontaine) with sledding and skating in the winter… wine and baguette in the summer.
4. Sangria on patios, especially outside the original Chez Baptiste.
5. The people watching. All sorts.
6. The ample seating at Starbucks where I probably spent the price of a small car over the years.
7. 3 take-out sushi options within 1 block: a cheap option for weeknights, a medium option for weekends, and a pricier one for special occasions.
8. My cab stand (but not the cabbies).
9. Being able to Bixi from outside my front door downhill to the bar.
10. Christmas music played in the streets.