Wednesday, January 1, 2014

an introduction


So here goes 2014…. With so much promise for a new year, new challenges and new opportunities… I’m going to seize today and start this, my very first blog. I have a few goals in doing so:

  1. To work towards my resolution this year (carried over from failing last year) to do a better job staying in touch with my family and friends. I hope this blog helps encourage us to share our lives with each other.
  2. To work towards a new life long resolution to appreciate all I have around me and am given. I’ve got a pretty damn good life so I may as well recognize that here and be able to reflect often back on it rather than only look enviously at what others are doing on FB.
  3. To work towards an item on my bucket list, which is writing a book. This idea seems far too daunting right now but hopefully this blog helps me develop my writing skills and maybe even inspires a direction for my future tall tale.

To my poor readers, whom I expect to mainly be my mother and BFF’s, I should warn I’m establishing a few rules for my blog:

  • This will be a home of primarily positive reflection, not a place where I share stories of crappy days or sh*tty experiences. These would do nothing to serve my listed objectives.
  • Work is work… I don’t plan to talk about it much here except for when it takes me to cool places or introduces me to cool people, which I am very grateful for and will share as appropriate.
  • The BF is to remain anonymous at his own request and will from here forward only be referred to as VDB. You know who he is anyway but this makes him feel better. It’s like he thinks I might become famous or something….

Last but not least, what do I actually plan to write about?? Well mainly all the things that bring me joy and that I hope might bring you some too: Fashion, food, travel, and time with my family and friends. Probably a few bits on books and art too.

More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment