Thursday, January 2, 2014

tourist in my own town... brunch at l'avenue


3 years ago my parents came to visit me in Montreal. My Dad didn't travel much later in life but he fell in love with my neighborhood, the Plateau. And he fell even harder when I took him to breakfast at L'Avenue. He loved the fresh blended fruit smoothies, the humongous omelettes and other brunch entrees, and the atmosphere (which was really mainly due to the fact we got the table in the window which allowed him to people watch). Every time we met in Vancouver afterwards he asked me if I had recently been to L'Avenue.

Today with my Mom and brothers in town for the holidays I took them to enjoy what my Dad had so often fussed about. My Mom and older brother had the classic eggs benedict which they are famous for. They enjoyed it very much, and almost even managed to finish, though we were perplexed as to why they have changed the recipe from a traditional ham to one slow roasted in beer and maple syrup and then pulled like pork. They agreed it was good, but almost too rich.

My younger brother and I had the Idaho omelette. This is my favorite as it comes not only with the BEST hashbrowns on the side but also with mashed potatoes folded into the omelette. I love poatoes of every variety. It also has bacon, red onions, and sour cream of course

I wholeheartedly recommend L'Avenue to anyone visiting Montreal for breakfast. But take note, i said breakfast and not brunch. If you get there after 10am you will be waiting in line.

L'Avenue on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/67/1433871/restaurant/Plateau-Mont-Royal/LAvenue-Montreal

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/67/12703/Montreal/my-paved-paradise.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete